- The teacher-training course consists of 1600 hours over a 3-year period.
- Each year consists of 36 weeks, which are divided into 3 terms, beginning in mid-August, and ending in mid-June.
- We have breaks in the middle of each quarter, and breaks between quarters.
- During the term, trainees attend class 4 times per week for a total of 14 hours. We have 5 meeting times per week to provide flexibility, and each trainee chooses which 4 times are best for them. The current schedule is W, 9:00 am to 12:30 pm; Th, 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm; F, 9:00 am to 12:30 pm; Sa, 9:00 am to 12:30 pm, Su, 10:00 am to 1:30 pm.
- If you are interested in training but have additional need for flexibility, please contact the director to discuss options.
- Course hours outside of class time take place in 63 private lessons (included in the tuition), as well as practice teaching, observation of faculty lessons, and independent projects.
- Religious holidays are respected and we are off for Thanksgiving.
- 2-3 guest trainers every year come to Denver to teach on the course at no extra cost to the trainees.
Cost of Training
Tuition: The cost for the course is $2643 per term. The total cost of the 3-year program is $23,787.00.
Payments may be made by credit card, or may be divided into 3 equal payments per term.
Tuition includes 66 private lessons over the course of the 3 years, opportunities for observing and assisting faculty in private and group classes, and private meetings with the director and faculty, both for assessment and for supervision of student-teaching responsibilities.
Application fee: $30
Deposit: $300, non-refundable in the case of withdrawal or dismissal. The deposit will be credited toward the trainee’s last term.
Additional costs: Purchasing of books required for the course (4 books by F.M. Alexander, 2 anatomy books, and up to 3 supplemental books)
If the trainee does not pass an assessment and is required to attend class longer before moving on to the next level or graduating, this would result in additional cost.
Absences that cannot be scheduled as part of the regular calendar must be made up at the trainee’s expense by attending summer session or by attending longer than the projected graduation date.
Guests from other training courses will come in and teach on the course at no additional cost to the trainees. The trainees will have the opportunity of scheduling private lessons with these guest teachers at their own cost. ($75-$90 per lesson)
Refunds: A pro-rated refund will be given if a student withdraws before the 6th week, and gives a one-week notice. No refunds will be given if a student is dismissed from the course (dismissal will occur in the unlikely event of a trainee who is not contributing to a positive learning environment). No refunds will be given if a student withdraws after the 6th week of a term.